Is the dvla on a back log!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sillygoon

Hi all, I had my yearly medical on the 7th of June and still not heard anything from the dvla, I have phoned 4 times and they said they have all my paperwork and I should hear within the week.. this was 2 weeks ago! I am driving under section 88 but I am anxious to know whether I passed the medical or not I’m sure I have but this length of time is worrying me a little bit then I tell myself if I have failed it would be a quick decision and they would tell me!! Any thoughts?

T.i.a ?

Re: Is the dvla on a back log!i

It may be that they have written to your GP to see if there have been any further alcohol related issues in the past 12 months and are awaiting that report before a final decision.

Hi wondered if anybody could help. I was banned from driving in December 2015 for 48 months (failed to provide) reduced to 36 with the DD awareness course. I am due to have my medical within the next 6 weeks and just wanted some info. Up until about 3 weeks ago i only really drank every other weekend. Mainly larger and around 7-8 pints. I have stopped drinking completely on the 10th August 2018 and hope to have around 6-8 weeks abstaince do you think i will be ok regarding the CDT? Also when is the earliest i can apply for my licence? I am due to get it back 8/12/18. I am aware the DVLA send me the form around the 90 day left mark but to save time i’d rather send the D1 off on the first date i can rather than waiting for the DVLA’s . Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Jord

You can apply on a D1 form on 8th September. That is a Saturday so go for the 6th to post it.

You will get the letter from DVLA after about 12-14 days and it can take a little while to get an appointment, some of their doctors only do medicals on one or two days a week.
Based on what you have said, you should be fine for the CDT test on the medical.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off