Solicitors recomendation

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hi,

This Saturday, I have been caught driving and drinking and despite police stopped me because one of the low beam lights wasn't working the proceeded to do a breath reading which was 81. After spending a night at the police station I have been told to attend o course on the 30th July.

I have called a couple of solicitors this morning but they quoted me around 1,200 pounds. However, on the forum, some people have stated that the solicitor fee in some cases was below 500 pounds.

Can someone recommend me an affordable solicitor?

Thank you!

For advice on a solicitor you will need to indicate which area the court is. Solicitors charge a lot for travelling so a local one is a much better option.
you can manage without a solicitor. You are going to be banned anyway, and the range is 17-22 months. If you prepare some mitigation for yourself to read out to the magistrates you can save the solicitors fee towards paying your fine!

Hi,

Many many thanks for your quick response.

The court is Thames magistrates court in East London, E3 4DJ.

My husband and I thought about not getting a solicitor us we don't intend to plea no-guilty. However, my husband who has committed the offence isn't confident in his English so we definitely need someone who can speak clearly in court unless I can represent my husband and speak for him. Anyway, I don't think this would be a good idea.

If you or someone else based in East London can refer me to a solicitor that you have previously use. that would great. I just want to compare quotes and set my expectations about how much money would cost us.

Thank you!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off