Multiple substance misuse

Convicted Driver Insurance

Adelphi

Hi,I was banned in 2009 and am deemed a HRO due to 2 "refusing to provide a specimen for alcohol" within 10 years.I have alcohol dependency on my medical record from 2010.I also have a Clinical management programme for Diazepam misuse which was in 2012.I may be reading the DVLA guidance wrong.But it says in it that if there has been multiple substance misuse then you "are not compatible with fitness to drive and license consideration".Meaning as I read it that I will not even be considered for a license.I am drink/drug free and have been for years.I have no concerns about any testing.I just wondered if anyone has either experienced this scenario,or knows a bit more about it than I seem able to find out.Many Thanks.

DVLA do say that “multiple substance misuse in incompatible with fitness to drive and licence consideration” but that does not mean for life!
You will have to do the medical as a high risk offender anyway when you re apply for your licence back. This will involve a blood test looking at your CDT level to assass if you are, or have been recently, alcohol dependent. You will be sent a questionnaire asking about medical problems, so declare your Diazepam problem in that, pointing out that it was 6 years ago. They may well request a urine sample as well because of this, and check with your doctor that there are no current issues around drugs or alcohol. Alcohol misuse is only relevant for 1 year, whilst alcohol dependence can be an issue for 3 years, but even on that you are well clear from what you say.
you should be OK to get your licence back, or worst case scenario you would get a 12 month licence with a further health check after that.

Price1367.Thank you for that info.It was after an operation that I ended up taking the prescribed Diazepam,then after they had stopped subscribing it.And I have been fine since.I must have read too much into it.Im extremely grateful for your input,Thanks once again.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off