Been banned twice :/

Convicted Driver Insurance

bonnie1989

First time around I thought I would have learned my lesson but unfortunately, I've been banned twice. :mad:

Very luckily I've been offered to complete a course with DDRS, and get my license back March sometime next year 2019 instead of early 2020.

I will be attending the course in due time, just wanted to know people who have been an HRO and share experiences with me.

What happens after the course has been completed properly?

Do DVLA get in contact regarding the DVLA medical?

How long did it take you to get your license back?

etc

TIA :)

At the end of the course, the provider notifies the court that disqualified you. Once they have amended their records, they in turn notify DVLA of the reduction. 90 days before you are due to drive again DVLA write to you and send a D4 form to be completed to apply for your licence back. After you complete this they write to you giving details of a doctor in your area that carries out medical on their behalf. You have to make an appointment to see that doctor within 6 weeks of the date on the letter.
you have to remember that DVLA write to the address on your driving licence, not the address you gave the police, court or the course provider so if youhave not told them you have changed address you will not get the form. Either tell DVLA before the 90 days of your new address or go to the Post Office and ask for an “ application form for a driving licence.” It is a D1 and a generic form for any licence application so the staff will not be aware that you are a disqualified driver. You complete this, ticking the box “because I was disqualified” and send it to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1TU.
The correct postcode is important as it goes directly to the section that deals with HRO medical.
The timescales vary. You will see examples on here of people getting their licence back within a week of the medical, and others pulling their hair out because of delays that take them past when they should be driving. The important thing is to have NO delays on your part, apply 90 days before you are due to drive. Make an appointment for as soon as you can after you find out the doctor you have to see.... and chase up DVLA on the phone about the results if you have not had a result after 8-10 days from the medical.

Last edited:
At the end of the course, the provider notifies the court that disqualified you. Once they have amended their records, they in turn notify DVLA of the reduction. 90 days before you are due to drive again DVLA write to you and send a D4 form to be completed to apply for your licence back. After you complete this they write to you giving details of a doctor in your area that carries out medical on their behalf. You have to make an appointment to see that doctor within 6 weeks of the date on the letter.
you have to remember that DVLA write to the address on your driving licence, not the address you gave the police, court or the course provider so if youhave not told them you have changed address you will not get the form. Either tell DVLA before the 90 days of your new address or go to the Post Office and ask for an “ application form for a driving licence.” It is a D1 and a generic form for any licence application so the staff will not be aware that you are a disqualified driver. You complete this, ticking the box “because I was disqualified” and send it to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1TU.
The correct postcode is important as it goes directly to the section that deals with HRO medical.
The timescales vary. You will see examples on here of people getting their licence back within a week of the medical, and others pulling their hair out because of delays that take them past when they should be driving. The important thing is to have NO delays on your part, apply 90 days before you are due to drive. Make an appointment for as soon as you can after you find out the doctor you have to see.... and chase up DVLA on the phone about the results if you have not had a result after 8-10 days from the medical.

Thank you for that information. :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off