3 months ban and still refused license back

Convicted Driver Insurance

MAXWONGA

I recently applied for my licence back after a 3 year Ban for drink driving. I agreed at the time I had p[roblem with alcohol and would do something about it. I did a residential, 3 month rehab. I hadn't intended at the time to abstain for ever , started drinking again a while after. Last year I decided wanted to stop driinking ( I wasn't alcohol dependent) for good and thought easier and safer to check in a detox clinic, for about 2 weeks. That was 6 months ago not drinking anymore and not going to. The problem is I was honest and put this down in application for license , and thiIr rule is cant drive for 6 months after attending a detox clinic or programe as they call it.

The question is , would I get anywhere with an appeal, I need the license for work also

3 Year Ban and still refused license back

I recently applied for my licence back after a 3 year Ban for drink driving. I agreed at the time I had p[roblem with alcohol and would do something about it. I did a residential, 3 month rehab. I hadn't intended at the time to abstain for ever , started drinking again a while after. Last year I decided wanted to stop driinking ( I wasn't alcohol dependent) for good and thought easier and safer to check in a detox clinic, for about 2 weeks. That was 6 months ago not drinking anymore and not going to. The problem is I was honest and put this down in application for license , and thiIr rule is cant drive for 6 months after attending a detox clinic or programe as they call it.

The question is , would I get anywhere with an appeal, I need the license for work also

Just amended title should read 3 year not month

Re: 3 Year Ban and still refused license back

So the rule is you cannot drive for 6 months after attending a detox programme? You said this was 6 months ago but did you apply within that 6 months or after?

What was their reason for declining your application?

So the rule is you cannot drive for 6 months after attending a detox programme? You said this was 6 months ago but did you apply within that 6 months or after?

What was their reason for declining your application?

Thanks for your reply I wrote that wrong, the rule is 12 months after a detox programme and I just applied which is 6 months since detox.. guess I sould have just cut down and stopped without doing detox or just not told them

Thanks for your reply I wrote that wrong, the rule is 12 months after a detox programme and I just applied which is 6 months since detox.. guess I sould have just cut down and stopped without doing detox or just not told them

Ahh I see! They may have found out at some point so telling them was the best thing to do. I don't know how strict they are on the 12 month rule so hopefully someone with some experience will be able to answer your query. Any appeal may be dismissed simply because of that rule.

Here is a post from 2012, old yes but may be relevant:

https://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/have-you-been-caught-convicted-drink-driving/42768.htm

Ahh I see! They may have found out at some point so telling them was the best thing to do. I don't know how strict they are on the 12 month rule so hopefully someone with some experience will be able to answer your query. Any appeal may be dismissed simply because of that rule.

Here is a post from 2012, old yes but may be relevant:

https://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/have-you-been-caught-convicted-drink-driving/42768.htm

Yeah thread fairly relevant , I wonder how much it costs to appeal? Already cost £90 to apply for the license, would have been another 90 for dvla medical which I know 100% would passed

It costs nothing to appeal, but it is hard to persuade a court to overturn a DVLA decision and I would strongly suggest that you get a solicitor to do this with you rather than just doing it yourself. There is no legal aid for this so there is a cost involved with the solicitor.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off