Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By craig121

Thread: Speeding up the GP questionnaire

Default Speeding up the GP questionnaire

Hi all, i am wondering is there a way to speed to the questionnaire that was sent from the dvla to doctors, my form was sent by dvla and it arrived with my doctors on the 1/05/18
    So i rang them and told them to expect it they said it would take 5 weeks for the doctor to fill it out so today i have rang them again today (22/05/18) and ask how far along it is
    and now they have told me its going to take a further 6 weeks... my ban ended 23/04/18

Any information would be appreciated thanks

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Default Re: Speeding up the GP questionnaire

That seems to be ridiculous!
    i think that you should make a complaint. Here is a likk to guidance as to how you set about this and the order to do it in:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...-or-gp-surgery

Thank you price, im going to let this week run its course if ive not heard anything by then i shall take action, sort of annoying now
    one of the many reasons i wont be doing this again!

pickle28 is offline New Member

Default DVLA Contacting my GP - any help re this?

I got banned on 15.4.16 (2nd time - 1st time 9 years ago) - I got a 36 month ban and that was reduced as they let me take a driving course

Hi I recently had a medical test and now the DVLA have said they are writing to my doctor. I am really worried as I suffered with depression after my ban and I attempted suicide as I was in a bad way. However I was prescribed anti depressants and they helped me get through it. I came off the antidepressants later that year. I have not spoken to my doctor about this as I changed doctors after moving and I have had no need to. I have not been drinking much at all except on my birthday May 28th this year as I was 60 and had 3 glasses of champagne, prior to this I had a drink at Christmas and a couple in Feb/March. which I stated truthfully on the questionnaire.

I am worried that they wont let me have my licence back? I havent spoken to my doctor about any of this. Can anyone tell me what they will ask my doctor?

I am due to get my licence back 5th August and am really worried now that they wont give it me back.

Id be very grateful for any advice? thanks

craig121 is offline Member

Default Re: DVLA Contacting my GP - any help re this?

Quote Originally Posted by pickle28 View Post
    I got banned on 15.4.16 (2nd time - 1st time 9 years ago) - I got a 36 month ban and that was reduced as they let me take a driving course

Hi I recently had a medical test and now the DVLA have said they are writing to my doctor. I am really worried as I suffered with depression after my ban and I attempted suicide as I was in a bad way. However I was prescribed anti depressants and they helped me get through it. I came off the antidepressants later that year. I have not spoken to my doctor about this as I changed doctors after moving and I have had no need to. I have not been drinking much at all except on my birthday May 28th this year as I was 60 and had 3 glasses of champagne, prior to this I had a drink at Christmas and a couple in Feb/March. which I stated truthfully on the questionnaire.

I am worried that they wont let me have my licence back? I havent spoken to my doctor about any of this. Can anyone tell me what they will ask my doctor?

I am due to get my licence back 5th August and am really worried now that they wont give it me back.

Id be very grateful for any advice? thanks
    Hi

I think you will come under severe depression
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/psychiat...tness-to-drive.

It lists under ordinary licence period of stability which by your post you have already shown.
    Timescales on stability are not listed under ordinary licence ! However under Group2 it states 6 months of stability so all things considered looks ok but will depend now on what the GP will add! But that episode of depression was ages away think positive good luck
    pickle28 likes this.

pickle28 is offline New Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Dear Craig

Thank you my doctor has rang me and wants to speak with me to do with the questionnaire from the DVLA. I will let you know how it goes. I do hope I will get my licence back! I havent a clue what she will ask me - I suspect its something to do with the questions they are asking her.

Thank you for your reply.

Pickle 28