Possible Medical problem (PLEASE HELP) methadone

Convicted Driver Insurance

jimbojams

Hi all thanks for reading ,
i have court on 19th this month for drink driving , i blew 42 at raodside and oly 40 at station , now its my first offence , so yes poss 12 mnths witha a reduction with the DD course( HOWEVER ) i used to have an opiot problem all caused from a bad back no excuses ,, i do not have this prob anymore BUT i am on 40 mg methadone ,,, will the court ask for doctors notes because ive been told and know of other people to have indefinately lost there licence through medication ,, please can anyone help ..i cant get a solicitor as im poor ,, many thanks jim

Your driving licence has been invalid since you began the methadone programme and it was your responsibility to make the DVLA aware that you were in the programme and to surrender your licence to them.

As such your insurance has also been invalid since you began taking methadone as this counts as drug driving so you're very lucky you were never involved in a crash. After your ban you can't apply to get your licence back until you are off methadone.

Group 1
Car and motorcycle Group 2
Bus and lorry
Drug group
■ heroin
■ morphine
■ methadone (note on compliance above)
■ cocaine
■methamphetamine
Benzodiazepines
Note on therapy versus persistent misuse below.

Methadone/buprenorphine programmes - see guidelines below. ✘- Must not drive and must notify the DVLA with persistent misuse or dependence.

Medical enquiry confirming the problem will result in licence being refused or revoked for a minimum of 1 year, which must be free of misuse or dependence.

Relicensing may require an independent medical assessment and urine screen arranged by the DVLA.

Your driving licence has been invalid since you began the methadone programme and it was your responsibility to make the DVLA aware that you were in the programme and to surrender your licence to them.

As such your insurance has also been invalid since you began taking methadone as this counts as drug driving so you're very lucky you were never involved in a crash. After your ban you can't apply to get your licence back until you are off methadone.

thanks for your help , i was told your ok if your on a very small amount and your gp sais it does not affedt your driving , , the same as tamazapam, , also co coddamol again if it does not affct your driving , thanks again for reply and your much appreciate help

Its actualy the 20th ,, its in exeter will i get a free solicitor there ? thanks for your time

Hi Grice my court is in exeter 20th friday , my mistake could thre be a solisitor there for me , i dont have the funds to pay for one ? many thanks

Hi jimbo there will be a duty solicitor at court maybe you can have a chat and gain some advice weather they will represent you in the court room is another thing though, given your DD its at the lower scale of sentencing which means the duty solicitor will concentrate on more serious cases, but I'm sure they'll be able to advise you...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off