Lost license

Convicted Driver Insurance

Penny

I got banned about a month ago and the dvla have written asking me to send my license back but I can't find it anywhere. It probably is in the house somewhere but I haven't seen it for months. I see there's a box you can tick saying you've lost it-if I do that will I get in trouble? And does it affect how much I'll have to pay when I apply for my license back at the end of the ban?

Doubt you’d get in trouble very much. When I went on the drink driving course, people had kept their old, now disqualified photocard licences and were actually using them as their form of ID for the course provider?. They certainly never mentioned getting in trouble. If you can’t find it, you can’t find it.

The fee depends on whether you need a medical to get your licence back. It’s £90 if you do (in addition to the cost of getting the medical I think), and £65 if you were just convicted of drink driving but don’t need the medical.

Hope that helps :)

https://www.gov.uk/reapply-licence-revoked

Just let them know you have lost it. Not a problem.
the cost is as per what suicidal depressive said, and the medical is about £96 on top if you need one.
there is no difference in the fee with or without a licence being surrendered because a fresh one is issued anyway, the old one is no longer valid after a Drink Drive ban, a new one HAS to be applied for.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off