Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Thread: Lost license

Penny is offline New Member

Default Lost license

I got banned about a month ago and the dvla have written asking me to send my license back but I can't find it anywhere. It probably is in the house somewhere but I haven't seen it for months. I see there's a box you can tick saying you've lost it-if I do that will I get in trouble? And does it affect how much I'll have to pay when I apply for my license back at the end of the ban?

Default Re: Lost license

Doubt youíd get in trouble very much. When I went on the drink driving course, people had kept their old, now disqualified photocard licences and were actually using them as their form of ID for the course provider😂. They certainly never mentioned getting in trouble. If you canít find it, you canít find it.

The fee depends on whether you need a medical to get your licence back. Itís £90 if you do (in addition to the cost of getting the medical I think), and £65 if you were just convicted of drink driving but donít need the medical.

Hope that helps

https://www.gov.uk/reapply-licence-revoked

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Just let them know you have lost it. Not a problem.
    the cost is as per what suicidal depressive said, and the medical is about £96 on top if you need one.
    there is no difference in the fee with or without a licence being surrendered because a fresh one is issued anyway, the old one is no longer valid after a Drink Drive ban, a new one HAS to be applied for.

Penny is offline New Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Thanks- I'll tell them I've lost it then.