Breath tested at my home

Convicted Driver Insurance

dvdlondon

Hi,
does anyone know where i stand? I went to my local garage to buy some wine having already drunk two glasses. After being at home for about 15 mins the police arrived and asked me to provide a breath test.

My question is can this be done or does the test have to be done while driving? i consumed more drink when i had returned from the garage so the reading they have will be higher than when i was actully driving.

Thanks in advance

Hi,
does anyone know where i stand? I went to my local garage to buy some wine having already drunk two glasses. After being at home for about 15 mins the police arrived and asked me to provide a breath test.

My question is can this be done or does the test have to be done while driving? i consumed more drink when i had returned from the garage so the reading they have will be higher than when i was actully driving.

Thanks in advance

A police officer can require a person to take a preliminary breath test if they have reasonable cause to suspect that a person has committed or is committing a traffic offence. A preliminary breath test does not have to be administered in any particular location. If they have reasonable cause to suspect you were driving after having consumed alcohol then they are well within their rights to require a breath test and investigate the matter further.

As for your BAC (blood alcohol content) levels. Only a forensic scientist would be able advise on the possible effect any alcohol which had been consumed between the alleged offence and the breath test would have had on your blood alcohol content.

If you have been charged with an offence then you should consult with a criminal defence solicitor who can examine the facts and evidence of your case and advise you further.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off