Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Thread: Edit post facility?

white43 is offline Member

Default Edit post facility?

Hi - is the edit post facility not allowed? I don't see any option to do this on posts I've created, although I did manage to edit one once(!?)

It's useful in a thread I've started as it keeps all the relevant information in the first post.

http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/ge...sion/79042.htm

EDIT : SO I can edit this one , but not the above one??
    Last edited by white43; 02-29-2016 at 04:02 PM.

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Default Re: Edit post facility?

You can edit for about 10 minutes after you have made an entry, to give you chance to proof read what is there, but as far as I am aware you cannot edit after that time.

Forum Moderator is offline Global Moderator

Default Re: Edit post facility?

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by white43 View Post
    Hi - is the edit post facility not allowed? I don't see any option to do this on posts I've created, although I did manage to edit one once(!?)

It's useful in a thread I've started as it keeps all the relevant information in the first post.

http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/ge...sion/79042.htm

EDIT : SO I can edit this one , but not the above one??
    Quote Originally Posted by price1367 View Post
    You can edit for about 10 minutes after you have made an entry, to give you chance to proof read what is there, but as far as I am aware you cannot edit after that time.
    Price is correct, the time limit for editing new posts / threads is set at ten minutes from posting them. This is to allow users time to proof read what they have posted and make changes if required. After ten minutes, any other additional information you would like to add to a post / thread will need to be added by creating a new post.

The editing time limit is in place for several reasons. If a user needs a post editing after this time if for example they have posted personally identifiable information which they later decide they shouldn't have posted then they can always use the contact form to ask a moderator to amend it for them, in any other case, additional information will need to be provided by creating a new post. Moderators will not add general information to posts.

Forum users can always use the reply with quote feature on the original post and add any additional information to the information quoted, this method will keep useful information together, although not in the first post.

As I am sure you are aware, there is a 'go to first unread post' link. Many users who are following a particular thread use this feature so any further information provided using the quote post feature as described above can be read alongside the original information submitted.
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 02-29-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Regards
    Forum Moderator

UK - UK Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Solicitors | Convicted Drivers Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Legal Advice | Latest News
    | Latest Info | Drug Driving

U.S. - US DUI Drunk Driving Laws | US DUI Lawyers & Attorneys | SR22 Auto Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Lawyer Consultation

International - Worldwide BAC Limits Maximum legal prescribed blood alcohol content limits for over 250 countries & jurisdictions