Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Thread: Property damage - Cyprus

Ape101 is offline New Member

Default Property damage - Cyprus

I have been informed by my insurance that I will have to reimburse the company for a claim made by an electrical company for the replacement of a telegraph pole I crashed into whilst drink driving.

my policy states in the general exceptions in which the company will not be liable:

"To indemnify the insured or any authorised driver if at the time of the accident the person driving or having the vehicle under his control was under he influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs and such driver has been convicted by a Criminal Court for driving under such influence or there was sufficient evidence on which he could have been so convicted"

Being the named driver, does this mean I am liable to pay for the third party damage. I ask this as it does not state that property damage will not be paid for by the insurer, or through this in the general exceptions, does this state all damages including my car and to third party property is not liable to be covered by the insurer.

Forum Moderator is offline Global Moderator

Default Re: Property damage - Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by Ape101 View Post
    I have been informed by my insurance that I will have to reimburse the company for a claim made by an electrical company for the replacement of a telegraph pole I crashed into whilst drink driving.

my policy states in the general exceptions in which the company will not be liable:

"To indemnify the insured or any authorised driver if at the time of the accident the person driving or having the vehicle under his control was under he influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs and such driver has been convicted by a Criminal Court for driving under such influence or there was sufficient evidence on which he could have been so convicted"

Being the named driver, does this mean I am liable to pay for the third party damage. I ask this as it does not state that property damage will not be paid for by the insurer, or through this in the general exceptions, does this state all damages including my car and to third party property is not liable to be covered by the insurer.
    All insurance companies are obligated to cover the costs incurred to any third parties that the insured is liable for under the The Road Traffic Act 1988. Some insurance companies will then pursue the insured for the costs they pay out to any third party as a result of any indicdent where the insured was driving illegally due to drink or drugs. It is unlikely that your insurance company will re-imburse any cost associated with your car.

Regards
    Forum Moderator

UK - UK Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Solicitors | Convicted Drivers Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Legal Advice | Latest News
    | Latest Info | Drug Driving

U.S. - US DUI Drunk Driving Laws | US DUI Lawyers & Attorneys | SR22 Auto Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Lawyer Consultation

International - Worldwide BAC Limits Maximum legal prescribed blood alcohol content limits for over 250 countries & jurisdictions

Ape101 is offline New Member

Default Re: Property damage - Cyprus

I believe my insurance will be pursuing me for the costs, as explained by them "We will settle the costs for the damages, then you must reimburse us for the costs."

Am I required to reimburse the company? Or are they just pursuing it, expecting me just to pay no questions asked?