HRO medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
guys i need advice my ban was up in august 2018 but i need to pass a medical however my health took a turn for the worse resulting in me loosing my job.
I simply cannot afford the fees to get my license back and im told from my gp that with my medications and treatments ive had would show a false reading n i would fail the medical.
do you think i could write to the sheriff court and explain this??

This is nothing to do with the Sheriff court, they simply set the disqualification.
It is a legal requirement that you submit to a medical before you get your licence back, and DVLA are the organisation that deal with it.
If you have evidence from Your GP that you are prescribed medication, and in his / her opinion you are fit to drive when taking the medication then DVLA consider this alongside the results. It is not right to say that you will fail the medical because of legally prescribed medication, subject to them mot being misused.

The fee cannot be waived and is the same for everyone who is HRO, £323.50. £144 for the licence fee and £179.50 for the medical, if you can't pay this fee then you can't apply for a return of your licence. I could only suggest saving what you can over the space of a few months in a savings account until you have enough to pay for the fee. There aren't any prescription medications that when used within guidelines will make you fail a CDT test, this sounds to me like your doctor means your medication would affect your ability to drive. Make an appointment with your GP and ask them if they will support you to get your licence back, you'll have a proper answer then.

The fee cannot be waived and is the same for everyone who is HRO, £323.50. £144 for the licence fee and £179.50 for the medical, if you can't pay this fee then you can't apply for a return of your licence. I could only suggest saving what you can over the space of a few months in a savings account until you have enough to pay for the fee. There aren't any prescription medications that when used within guidelines will make you fail a CDT test, this sounds to me like your doctor means your medication would affect your ability to drive. Make an appointment with your GP and ask them if they will support you to get your licence back, you'll have a proper answer then.

Whilst I agree with this post, I am not sure where the figures have come from. The DVLA fee to reapply for your licence is £90, the fee for a medical is about £96, although some doctors do add VAT on top.

Is everything cheaper in England? Lol I just paid £323.50 for mine in NI, those prices I gave are the correct fees for a HRO in NI. Our bans may be shorter but we pay through the nose for everything else.

No, it isn’t that everything is cheaper in England, (but the person posing this question on here is in Scotland) it is just that everything is dearer in Northern Ireland.......

Don't get me started on insurance, but I'll not take this thread off topic. You'd be in a worse position with fees if you were in NI OP! What I said in my original comment still stands just substitute the fees I've stated with the correct fees Price has provided and count your lucky stars you don't live in my neck of the UK.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off