Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Declaring DR60 to Insurance Company

bWg
    bWg is offline Member

Default Re: Declaring DR60 to Insurance Company

I did a quote through confused.com and was never asked if I'd ever been disqualified so I rang the company I took policy with to query why this question was on my policy and why it had been answered "no"

Told me I'm a liar and cover went from £780 to over £3500.

So I cancelled and have put complaint in to confused and the ombudsmen as they are not allowed to use it against me

But thanks for clearing up that the dr60 is spent after 5 years. There's so many conflicting things online.

My policy automatically renews so I might aswell pay the 1st month and then cancel.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bWg; 02-12-2018 at 06:49 AM.

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

I have looked at Confused.com and below is what they ask online, so I agree it is a puzzle as to where that section you have copied above comes from. Is there a link after you have selected the policy which takes you to a specific company where further questions are asked?
    you always have to be honest in your answers to whaever questions are asked, but it is difficult to be honest if the question is not there in the first place...! The only other thing is if there is something in the form that you have shown that says “subject to the provisions of the Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974, have you.........”

Claims & convictionsAny motor accidents or claims in the last 5 years?More information
    Yes
    No

Any motoring convictions, driving licence endorsements or fixed penalty points within the last 5 years?More information
    Yes
    No

Do you have any unspent non-motoring convictions?More information
    Yes
    No

Last edited by price1367; 02-12-2018 at 08:09 AM.

hewl is offline Member

When you renew are you not locked in for the full year? Cancelling after a month may not be an option. Have a look at their terms and conditions.

Unfortunately they have every right to ask you questions that you must answer honestly to be eligible for their insurance cover.

What makes you think they can't use it against you?? I would suggest they are not using anything against you, they are simply using your driving history to make an assessment of your risk. Your driving history will affect your quote thats why its imperative that you be upfront with them. Whether they fully check on your answers is anyones guess but they might and probably will as some point. I very much doubt that confused.com or the ombudsmen will be interested in the slightest.

You have already found out (when they called you a liar) that messing with them is not a good idea. Luckily, you were at a point where you could decide to accept their quote or not. If you had not queried this and accepted the lower quote and later were found out (in the event of an accident) that they will not cover you, then you are screwed.

I understand you don't want to pay a hike in insurance but you MUST be honest with them and either accept a quote, find a cheaper quote or do not drive!

Stop manipulating the questions to what answer suits you or what you think they are allowed to ask or not.

It never ceases to amaze me on here how people feel so hard done by here when faced with the consequences of what they have done.

I have said it god knows how many times, just be honest!

bWg
    bWg is offline Member

Nothing that I could see. I read through it all as I have problems every year trying to get insured.

Even when I had to declare the DR10 under the 5 years rule I never paid more than £1100 on my S3.

I've got no problem telling them I've been banned but from what I understand they can't use it to affect price so to go from less than a grand to over 3 is ridiculous as with an unspent DR60 in was accepted.

The company I'm with now read out their rules to me and then contradicted themselves by asking "any disqualifications".

I've never been asked this in the 11 years I've had my licence back until this year.

Just seems odd to me.

Just looking forward to a clean licence and no more being a berk.

At the time of my DR60 I honestly didn't realise I couldn't be leaning through a passenger door getting something if over the limit.

Just to clear up why it's failure to provide..gave roadside/carpark breath test,arrested for drunk in charge.

Got to police station,arresting officers cleared off.

Got in test room where the copper decides to tell me I've been arrested for drink driving.

I refused as said I hadn't.

Went months back and forth to court after being charged with drink driving and failure to provide.

Had to have a Newton hearing where the first thing the arresting officer admits is I was arrested for drunk in charge not drink driving.

So turns out if I'd have given a breath test and fought my case it would've been dropped but I committed an offence by refusing.

Lesson learnt..don't have car keys in your pocket or be anywhere near a vehicle after a drink.

bWg
    bWg is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hewl View Post
    When you renew are you not locked in for the full year? Cancelling after a month may not be an option. Have a look at their terms and conditions.

Unfortunately they have every right to ask you questions that you must answer honestly to be eligible for their insurance cover.

What makes you think they can't use it against you?? I would suggest they are not using anything against you, they are simply using your driving history to make an assessment of your risk. Your driving history will affect your quote thats why its imperative that you be upfront with them. Whether they fully check on your answers is anyones guess but they might and probably will as some point. I very much doubt that confused.com or the ombudsmen will be interested in the slightest.

You have already found out (when they called you a liar) that messing with them is not a good idea. Luckily, you were at a point where you could decide to accept their quote or not. If you had not queried this and accepted the lower quote and later were found out (in the event of an accident) that they will not cover you, then you are screwed.

I understand you don't want to pay a hike in insurance but you MUST be honest with them and either accept a quote, find a cheaper quote or do not drive!

Stop manipulating the questions to what answer suits you or what you think they are allowed to ask or not.

It never ceases to amaze me on here how people feel so hard done by here when faced with the consequences of what they have done.

I have said it god knows how many times, just be honest!
    I'm not trying to get out of anything. I drove over the limit 13 years ago. Why would I start declaring thing I don't have to 8 years after they're spent?

I already accepted the quote based on truthful admissions of accidents and convictions.

I then rang and queried why they've answered a question I was never asked.

They then hiked my cover to over 3 grand.

I didn't lie. I answered all questions I was asked. The same questions I'm asked every year.

Thanks

hewl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bWg View Post
    I'm not trying to get out of anything. I drove over the limit 13 years ago. Why would I start declaring thing I don't have to 8 years after they're spent?
    It is not up to you to decide if you dont need to declare or not. It depends entirely on exactly what question they asked you. Do you understand that?

Just use an insurer that asks the right questions to benefit you. Ones that give a time frame where you can answer no
    Last edited by hewl; 02-12-2018 at 02:47 PM.

bWg
    bWg is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Ok. So how do they check if I've ever been banned?

And nearly everything else I read says things like this
    Last edited by bWg; 02-12-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Rating Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

The thread 'Declaring DR60 to Insurance Company' has been rated 5.00 out of 5 by 1 registered forum members and 16 members have commented