Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Thread: Restricted licence and insurance

sambickerdyke is offline Member

Default Restricted licence and insurance

Is there any info on the impact of having a 1, 2, or 3 year driving licence issued on insurance?

I can't find anything about this.

Is this to be declared in quotes just as a full uk driving licence held since the origional date the driving test was passed?

Im confused because the restrictions are based on medical grounds but i dont have a dvla reportable medical condition bit are likely to be given a restricted licence for former substance misuse.

What must i tell insurers to avoid cancellation of a policy under a restricted 12 month licence?

Forum Moderator is offline Global Moderator

Default Re: Restricted licence and insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by sambickerdyke View Post
    Is there any info on the impact of having a 1, 2, or 3 year driving licence issued on insurance?
    I have just obtained two quotes via comparison, one stating I have a DVLA reported condition with a 1 year restricted licence, the other without. Price for both quotes were identical.

Quote Originally Posted by sambickerdyke View Post
    I can't find anything about this.

Is this to be declared in quotes just as a full uk driving licence held since the origional date the driving test was passed?

Im confused because the restrictions are based on medical grounds but i dont have a dvla reportable medical condition bit are likely to be given a restricted licence for former substance misuse.

What must i tell insurers to avoid cancellation of a policy under a restricted 12 month licence?
    Substance misuse is a DVLA reportable medical condition.

Simply answer all questions honestly. The questions posed and corresponding answers for both quotes I obtained were as follows:

Type of Licence:- Full UK Manual

How long have you held your licence? - time since I/you passed test

Do you have any DVLA reportable medical conditions? (Please provide details of any medical conditions that the DVLA considers will affect your ability to drive, or restrict your licence) - Yes (DVLA Aware) 1 year restricted licence on one quote, the other I answered no.

As stated previously, both quotes were identical in price, the only difference was declaring a medical condition with restricted licence on one. Maybe others will respond with their experiences.

Regards
    Forum Moderator

UK - UK Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Solicitors | Convicted Drivers Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Legal Advice | Latest News
    | Latest Info | Drug Driving

U.S. - US DUI Drunk Driving Laws | US DUI Lawyers & Attorneys | SR22 Auto Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Lawyer Consultation

International - Worldwide BAC Limits Maximum legal prescribed blood alcohol content limits for over 250 countries & jurisdictions