Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Next steps with the insurance

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Default Re: Next steps with the insurance

You may still find that if the vehicle is still registered to you, that your insurance company will still cancel the policy if all that is on the policy to legally drive is 2 named drivers, not the policyholder, so you would still have to have your wife as the policy holder, which would mean a new policy.

ZZTopWereHere is offline Member

Default Re: Next steps with the insurance

Hello again,

I went past also the second hurdle!

After a better than expected result in court, I must now praise Toyota Insurance for their flexibility. The Toyota shop sales people were less helpful/creative than I hoped for, so they have just suggested me to contact the insurance.

I was pretty tense today as I was going to explain my "plan B" to the insurance call centre operators. They were not very kind and nice in terms of tone of voice, which got me worried initially, but in the end it was probably just for the stress due to all the calls they have to answer.

They have amended my existing policy for the negligible amount of 12, adding my wife with her provisional licence that we received on the day when we got back home from the court (perfect timing), and adding her uncle who has a nice and clean UK licence since about 15 years ago.

I'm still waiting for them to answer a few questions via email (for instance they've mistakenly reported 9 points on my licence beyond my 9 months disqualification while clearly my offence does not involve any points, probably it's just the result of hasty typing), but the car is still insured and my wife will be able to use it when her uncle will be available prior to her final test, or when she will have passed her test. She will learn driving with some professional instructor with a manual transmission car while ours is automatic, but we'll soon buy our "L" sign to let her test our car even while she learns how to drive (as long as an instructor or her uncle will help).

Long story short: always look at the bright side of life, as Monty Python used to sing... now we'll see what happens with my US visa, the third and final hurdle. That's where my optimism is at its lowest, our confidence prior to this incident led us to delay the process but now timing is quite critical. We'll see, I still want to go through all the steps because otherwise I will never know and I would only be left with an eternal doubt that no one could answer except the pessimists and the optimists.

Thanks and best regards,
    Z
    Last edited by ZZTopWereHere; 04-20-2016 at 11:02 PM.

ZZTopWereHere is offline Member

Smile Re: Next steps with the insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Hello again,

More good news to share:

1. My wife passed her driving test over a month ago and with a further marginal payment we could update our Toyota policy so that she can drive with her new driving licence. I was worried that the police might have stopped us over and over due to the registration plate being mapped to a convicted driver but we've not been stopped once so far.
    2. At renewal time I was worried that the quote from Toyota would have skyrocketed to ridiculous prices considering both my conviction and the new licence of my wife but luckily the price was comparable to the estimates obtained while doing my DD course. The quote was slightly over 1K , pretty high by UK standards and about 300 pounds above last year's quote but all insurances contacted during the DD course were expecting the quote to be around 1000 pounds anyway. Although with other insurance companies I might have shaved off a few dozen pounds, I wanted also to reward Toyota Insurance for their supportive attitude through my ordeal.
    3. I'm now less than two months away from being able to drive again in the UK.

Thanks again everyone for your support.

Best regards,
    Z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12