car insurance after DR10

Convicted Driver Insurance

secrc01

Hi, on 13/05/2014 i will have got my license back after a 24 months ban i attended a TTC course and got 6 months reduced i am classed as a high risk offender and will have my medical on the 02/06/2014 i can currently drive on the 13th may 14 under section 88 as i was banned before 1st June 2014, However you try asking DVLA or even the Police is you can drive without having had the medical, Well i can as long as you have applied for your license and DVLA have acknowledged it your fine Now i have the Car insurance to sort out i have purchased a 2004 1.2 Punto to keep the costs down i was quoted £415.00 fully comp on a comparison site now thats jumped to nearly £1.000 does anyone no of a company thats reasonable.
Thanks in advance.

That can be the problem with car comparison sites. They quote cheap, which does not fully take into account the DR10, en you get hit with the true cost when you go through to the company.
When you did the TTC course, you would have been given a yellow booklet. That gives details of insurance brokers that can source decent insurance rates for people who have completed a course. If you have mislaid it, send me a PM and I will get the details sent to you.

That can be the problem with car comparison sites. They quote cheap, which does not fully take into account the DR10, en you get hit with the true cost when you go through to the company.
When you did the TTC course, you would have been given a yellow booklet. That gives details of insurance brokers that can source decent insurance rates for people who have completed a course. If you have mislaid it, send me a PM and I will get the details sent to you.
Hi i took the TTC course in ashton under lyne in feb/march 2013 i do have the yellow booklet somewhere but have missed placed it if you could send me if you could send them that would be great thanks in advance Rick.

John
I cant remember if I told my new insurer about my TTC Course. Is it likely to make a difference in cost?

Chris,
If you rang one of the insurance companies in the yellow booklet you were given on the course, on the numbers given, they would have known you have done a TTC course. If it is not a company from the booklet then 'ordinary' insurance companies do not make it cheaper for having done the course.

Well i have been back behind the wheel for a week now and its good.
i spent a day going through the TTC booklet for insurance and no one could beat Go Compare i got Fully Comp Drive any car protected no claims i kept my no claims bonus the sum including Legal protection,protected NCB,breakdown inc homestart, And to drive any car third party and to have my Girlfriend on the policy as a named Driver for just under £400.00 for a 1.2 Fiat Punto 2004.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off