Advice on Insurance post ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

Samhxcuk

Hey guys,

My ban runs out next week (the year really has flown by) and i'm a bit confused about applying for insurance (I apologise if this is in the wrong forum)

After checking a couple of Price Comparison sites, I inputted that I had a DR10 and was nice and surprised that the amount wasn't as soul destroying as I thought, but then I went back...

One of the questions - have you ever had your insurance cancelled, voided or special restrictions applied.

This is where the line becomes blurred. I cancelled my insurance a couple of days before my court date - I saw the writing on the wall and assumed the worst (correctly). At the time I said that I was getting rid of the car - I didn't mention anything about the charge because I simply wasn't convicted at the time and the car really was on its last legs(atleast that was my train of thought at the time) my insurance was then cancelled and I received a letter telling me that the insurance was cancelled 6 days after my court date - which makes sense as I had cancelled it and it was towards the end of the month.

The question therefore is - Has my insurance been cancelled or voided? Can I truthful answer no to the above question? I do not want to lie on my insurance (obviously) so just need some advice from someone who has been through this - what did you guys choose when applying?

If anyone has any recommendation for good insurance too, I would most appreciate it. I'm looking forward to getting back on the road and getting rid of this year long albatross that has been weighing me down.

You do not have to declare this.
The question is about what has been done to you, rather than what you have done yourself. Everyone is entitled to cancel their insurance if it is no longer required, and that is not of any concern to insurance companies. What they are interested in is where circumstances have come to the notice of another company, who have then cancelled or voided their cover for your vehicle. That would ring big warning bells for them.
there are a number of companies that offer decent rates for convicted drink drivers. I have found these brokers to usually offer very competitive quotes:
http://www.henshalls.com/contact

I guess I was confused because surely the offence would have invalidated my insurance but thank you for letting me know, I've been quite worried about it.

Kudos mate, your posts have helped me get through a rough time on these forums over the last year and I really appreciate you taking the time to help people who have made an error

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off