insurance query

Convicted Driver Insurance

jeff1972

i was disqualified from driving in jan 2009..dr10...my 5 years have now expired and my partner and i have had a reasonable quote from online....first payment has been paid but when i send off my documents the dr10 will still show and am afraid that the quote we received will treble even though the 5 years are up...i'm confused whether even to try and get insurance now...i will be a named driver and my partner has 14 years ncb....where do i stand ?

The insurance companies only take into account unspent convictions, and yours is spent so do not worry about increases after they have accepted.
Not all insurance companies ask to see a copy of your driving licence when you apply for insurance, I presume yours has... but as I said, the only relevance is convictions up to 5 years old.

They can only ask about the last 5 years and no more. If within the last 5 years you have not comitted any driving offences then you have not lied or give any false answers to the insureres questions. The quote should remain the same on the fact you told no lies about the last 5 years. Dont worry!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off