Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Insurance is 700 cheaper with a DR10 conviction??

Moodle is offline Established Member

Default Re: Insurance is 700 cheaper with a DR10 conviction??

Quote Originally Posted by ukboxer View Post
    Would you care to share the names of these insurance companies you and your friend(s) use that offer no increase to premuims (within the first 5 years) after a DR10 drink driving conviction?

As this is a drink driving website such information would be priceless to many visitors. They could also be linked to the 'convicted driver insurance' section.

I would also be interested to do some comparison quotes with them.
    Hi there,

My ban is up shortly so I have just contacted my original insurer (Sheilas wheels) who, at the time of telling them I had been disqualified for being drunk in charge of a vehicle for 6 months, had said it would be ok when insuring after the ban, now they say they cant insure me as it is treated as a new policy and not within their underwriting policy..that is fine..

I therefore clicked the link from this site and was called back by a helpful lady from Think, she went away and came back with cover for me as follows:
    I have 16 years no claims bonus, I am 45, female and drive no more than 6000 miles a year... I have a Mercedes CLC 180 sports coupe...
    The initial cost was 371 per annum, I was paying 299 previously but unbeknown to me my old policy didn't cover me for business use and although I am based from home I go out and see clients sometimes... so I asked the lady to requote to include this..
    The premium came back at 367 with Aviva... DR40 drunk in charge code......
    This is fully comp with an excess of 350 though, legal cover, windscreen, courtesy car, fully comp whilst my old policy was 299. Another Company via here quoted 400.

I have therefore started the policy in readiness and already have my certificate of insurance. I liked dealing with Think they were very helpful.
    Moodle

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

We really could do with the insurance companies that charge less after a drink drive conviction for the same cover.
    I will be with 15 drink drivers tomorrow and would be delighted to tell them who to contact.
    This link takes you to the "This is Money" website where they list the impact on drink driving insurance premiums from 11 different companies, researched by Moneysupermarket.com. It shows premiums rising by. 60 to 130%.
    I would much rather give clients on courses good news about their cover, rather than making them feel even worse about getting back on the road.....
    Many, including me, might feel that any conviction is an opportunity for insurance companies to increase cover beyond what the risk to them may be, but that is a different argument. I have to deal with the reality of life for people with a drink drive conviction.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...#ixzz2jCChaXiW

MOTOR INSURANCE PREMIUMS: WITH OR WITHOUT A DRIVING CONVICTION
    - Sourced by www.moneysupermarket.com 03/11/2009.
    - Based on a 40 year-old male living in Maidestone ME15, with a 2006 Ford Focus.
    - Parked in a driveway, travelling no more than 12,000 miles per year.

ukboxer is offline Established Member

Thanks for your reply Moodle, glad you have been able to secure cover for a minimal increase.

If Joey and Chiefmegawatty could get back to us with their insurance companies perhaps you could quote with them also and save some money.

It would be interesting to get comparison quotes from these companies and see if they do indeed view customers with a drink driving conviction as a reduced risk on the roads. This would be reflected in a lower or a no increase premium compared with the same quote from them without the conviction.

I, however do not have any motoring convictions so perhaps I would not benefit from a reduced premium

Joey is offline Member

I have checked and rechecked. All the same details with DR10 and without, and with the DR10 it is defiantly 700 less.

Once I pay the quote, I will make a quick video on it.

Edit: Just to add, I visited the companys website directly and the same discount applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I have checked and rechecked. All the same details with DR10 and without, and with the DR10 it is defiantly 700 less.

Once I pay the quote, I will make a quick video on it.

Edit: Just to add, I visited the companys website directly and the same discount applied.
    What is the insurance company you are using?

Joey is offline Member

I just done some new quotes.

Still exactly the same, actually in fact all the top quotes go up without the DR10.

I tried with another car, and the price goes up with DR10, but not with my MG ZR.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I just done some new quotes.

Still exactly the same, actually in fact all the top quotes go up without the DR10.

I tried with another car, and the price goes up with DR10, but not with my MG ZR.
    What insurance company are you using for these quotes??

If you are using a comparison website then you may well find quotes cheaper from different companies however, to get a true idea if you are actually saving money you must do the same quote with the same company twice, one quote with the conviction code and one quote without. That way you will see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ukboxer View Post
    Would you care to share the names of these insurance companies you and your friend(s) use that offer no increase to premuims (within the first 5 years) after a DR10 drink driving conviction?

As this is a drink driving website such information would be priceless to many visitors. They could also be linked to the 'convicted driver insurance' section.

I would also be interested to do some comparison quotes with them.

I have told you this before, Hill House Hammond insurance brokers.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmegawatty View Post
    I have told you this before, Hill House Hammond insurance brokers.
    Didnt they close down in 2004?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...rs-closed.html

lasvegas is offline Member

Lightbulb Re: Insurance is 700 cheaper with a DR10 conviction??

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    This does of course open up a real can of worms. Some people hide convictions to secure themselves a lower quote. What if we now see millions of drivers with spotlessly clean licences making up Drink Drive convictions to save on their premiums. Would these people be hammered (no pun intended, obviously, because they drink presumably in moderation !) if they later had an accident and were found to have phantom convictions. Would they be told "it's people like you with clean licences pretending otherwise who get drivers a bad name". Certainly one to ponder isn't it

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast