tt99 removed from drving license after 4yrs . do i need to declare if insurance ask 5

Convicted Driver Insurance

gemmster

my tt99 , under totting up , has been removed from my lisense after 4 yrs . Insurance companies ask for convictions in the past 5 yrs , do I still need to declare if it has been taken off ? The convictions that mounted to the ban are over 5 yrs old and I think the tt99 is a disqualification not a conviction ? Please advise , don't want to make mistake

Tt99 is indeed not a separate conviction, but a totting up disqualification.
insurance companies do not ask if you have anything on your licence, or just if you have any points in the past 5 years. What they do in fact ask is: have you received any points or been disqualified from driving in the past 5 years?
So you do have to disclose the tt99.
you may have the silly position where most of the points that led to the totting up are spent and do not have to be declared, but the ban that followed does have to be declared. Of course they will know from the code that you had accumulated 12 points in the3 years prior to the code being issued, but they shouldn't take them into account if they are over 5 years old..... but will they? ,!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off