What to disclose when applying for car insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

G1975

Hi all, any help greatly appreciated.
I have just served a 4 year ban, 4 month custodial sentence. Completed dvla medical and just received my provisional license. Now gotta sit extended driving test etc.

I was banned from driving in 2005 for dr10. However during my ban I got caught driving while disqualified and got an extra 2 years disqualification. Then again in 2009. Got a 4 month custodial and 4 year ban. This has all finished now and I'm glad to be finally putting all this behind me.

I recently went online to just see how extortionate car insurance would be.
When filling out the online forms, I was asked 'do I have any motoring convictions less than 5 years old?' My license when it got returned only shows the original dr10 from 2005 and nothing else.

Do I have to disclose everything even although the question they ask the answer is no? And there is nothing showing otherwise on my license.

I was quite surprised my license doesn't show any other convictions.

Please help with advice, as I don't want to get this wrong and have more trouble with the law. And also I do want to be back on the road again legally and without worry.

G1975,
The drink drive disqualification is still showing because such convictions remain on your licence for 11 years.
Other convictions only remain on for 4 years, so that is why the disqualifies driving etc are not showing up now.
It is important with insurance applications that you answer questions honestly because otherwise the insurance company will not honour the policy anyway, and you would be in further trouble for failing to disclose material facts to obtain insurance.
They are not asking what convictions are on your driving licence, because the drink driving is on there, but is now spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, however the driving whilst disqualified (and no insurance?) is not on there, because it comes off after 4 years, but is disclosable as it is less than 5 years old.
Your problem is that when you disclose a driving whilst disqualified conviction.... you are also admitting that you did something before that to get disqualified. In theory that does not have to be disclosed, but without full information I fear that many insurance companies could refuse to cover you.
The ideal way to resolve this would be to wait until whenever the 5 years is up, next year, and apply then with a clear conscience, with no convictions to disclose.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off