insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

pj456

when applying for insurance after ban they ask how long have you had licence do you put date you passed test or date you got licence back?

The date you past your test. Think of it like this:
You've had a licence, They took it off you for xxxx years, Then gave it you back.
I have to renew hgv licence when i reach 45 years of age, Then i have to renew it every five years after that. i wouldn't class every five years as a new start date.

The date you past your test. Think of it like this:
You've had a licence, They took it off you for xxxx years, Then gave it you back.
I have to renew hgv licence when i reach 45 years of age, Then i have to renew it every five years after that. i wouldn't class every five years as a new start date.

+ 1, this is correct.

Re: dvla medical

Hi I'm new on here and was just looking for some advice realy, I had my medical with the dvla doctor on the 3 rd June and got a letter back today 22nd June saying that they are having to contact my gp for further advice. I haven't drank now for 8 months and I am very fit work out and run a lot, could anybody assist me in giving me an answer to my question . Why do they need to contact my gp? Mikey29

Mikey29,
They are contacting your doctor because you probably gave them reason to. (Without realising)
When you do the medical, they ask questions about you, your Heath and Your drinking habits over the past 3 years. Well done for not drinking for 8 months, but that still means you have disclosed something about alcohol in the past 3 years that was viewed as possibly significant, hence the check with your GP.

Yeah that kind of makes sense but not sure what it could of been that I mentioned! I was just honest, prior to me not drinking I only used to have the occasional drink at the weekends nothin too heavy, I did tell him this! Was this my mistake?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off