How much does a drink drive ban add to cost of a company's fleet vehicle insurance?

Convicted Driver Insurance

new merc

Hi all, hope someone can help. I got banned 4 years ago for drink drive but received no points. The ban has not affected my own (motorcycle) insurance by alot oddly enough; however, after applying for a job recently the employer said it could cost their (fleet) insurance alot and the decision if i get the job is pending on this cost. Anyone have an idea of how much extra it would cost them.? Do company fleet insurers penalise more so than personal insurers ? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, hope someone can help. I got banned 4 years ago for drink drive but received no points. The ban has not affected my own (motorcycle) insurance by alot oddly enough; however, after applying for a job recently the employer said it could cost their (fleet) insurance alot and the decision if i get the job is pending on this cost. Anyone have an idea of how much extra it would cost them.? Do company fleet insurers penalise more so than personal insurers ? Thanks

This is an impossible question to answer. In short it will depend on the insurance company who your employers use to cover their company vehicles and the way in which they calculate their insurance premium costs.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off