DR10 Car Insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stupid_Moment

I am now over a month into my 17 month ban (13 with course attendance). I’m not sure that I want to drive again to be honest but I do know that I want my licence back either way.

My question is about car insurance with a DR10. Someone I know is about to get his licence back and has a car in mind but when he shopped around for insurance, it was very high. I’m talking £1,100 for a 1.6 car. Is this normal?

I can accept that insurance is not as easy to find for us DR10’s but I didn’t think it would be so high. It seems to be like becoming a 17 year old new driver. I know for sure that I will never drink drive again so insurance should be less of a risk and I know my friend feels the same. Then again, I guess the insurance companies don’t know that.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

I am in the last 2 weeks of a 9 month ban DR10, having blown 43. I have 30 years clean driving, 6 years no clams, did rehab course and added ex wife onto insurance. Amazed to find quotes for fully comp were actually CHEAPER !!! Yes..i kid you not, than prior to conviction. They do ask for breath test readings so a higher one might have consequences, but I must say I was happily gob smacked.

Thanks for your comments.

I suspect that I will have to pay considerably more (I blew 82) but, as I said, I'm not sure I want to drive again. I sort of feel in limbo as regards to driving and I'd had my licence for 37 years so I was very used to being on the road. My friend has still not found insurance at a suitable cost but isn’t giving up just yet!

Thanks again for your comments and I hope that the remaining two weeks of your ban goes quickly for you.

Thanks for your comments.

I suspect that I will have to pay considerably more (I blew 82) but, as I said, I'm not sure I want to drive again. I sort of feel in limbo as regards to driving and I'd had my licence for 37 years so I was very used to being on the road. My friend has still not found insurance at a suitable cost but isn’t giving up just yet!

Thanks again for your comments and I hope that the remaining two weeks of your ban goes quickly for you.

I got a good quote through A-Plan insurance...I was more than pleasantly surprised. May be worth a try.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off