Insurance query

Convicted Driver Insurance

SadLady

Hi there,

Can anyone please give me some advice?

I have been convicted of drink driving, I currently have an insurance policy in place which is due to expire mid march. I have no claims (outstanding or otherwise) on my insurance policy and I obviously will not be driving for the foreseeable future.

I have not informed my insurance company as yet, because I won't be driving and have no claims, so wondered whether it was just acceptable to let the policy expire in March rather than cancel it, or let them cancel it? If I tell them they will obviously invalidate my policy, but as I won't be driving can I just let it run til it's end date?

I really don't know what to do.

Advice really appreciated.

Hi there,

Can anyone please give me some advice?

I have been convicted of drink driving, I currently have an insurance policy in place which is due to expire mid march. I have no claims (outstanding or otherwise) on my insurance policy and I obviously will not be driving for the foreseeable future.

I have not informed my insurance company as yet, because I won't be driving and have no claims, so wondered whether it was just acceptable to let the policy expire in March rather than cancel it, or let them cancel it? If I tell them they will obviously invalidate my policy, but as I won't be driving can I just let it run til it's end date?

I really don't know what to do.

Advice really appreciated.

My advice is to always make full disclosure to your insurance company and cancel the policy. You may receive a rebate if you have paid for the policy in full. There is little point in keeping an insurance policy running on a car that you are not legally entitled to drive.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off