Will LV car insurance cover me for crash under influence of alcohol?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Winker

Partner has crashed car in early hours of Sunday morning whilst under influence of alcohol. She skidded on ice and bounced car of a few kerbs, she has caused no damage to the roads or to any other vehicles. Whilst under shock has fled the scene and was later caught and arrested by police. She hasn't been charged with anything yet and is awaiting results from urine sample.

I am the owner of the vehicle and the main policy holder on the car insurance, she is the second driver on the insurance cover. The insurance cover is with Liverpool Victoria, will i be able make a claim on my insurance for the repairs to my car?

Any help will be much appreciated as the repair cost is not cheap.

Thanks

Partner has crashed car in early hours of Sunday morning whilst under influence of alcohol. She skidded on ice and bounced car of a few kerbs, she has caused no damage to the roads or to any other vehicles. Whilst under shock has fled the scene and was later caught and arrested by police. She hasn't been charged with anything yet and is awaiting results from urine sample.

I am the owner of the vehicle and the main policy holder on the car insurance, she is the second driver on the insurance cover. The insurance cover is with Liverpool Victoria, will i be able make a claim on my insurance for the repairs to my car?

Any help will be much appreciated as the repair cost is not cheap.

Thanks

Whether or not you will be able to claim for the cost of repairs to your car will depend entirely on the level of cover provided to you by your insurance company and your insurance policy. I can only suggest you take a look at your policy and speak to your insurers who will be able to advise you further and clarify the terms of your insurance policy.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off