Driving Without Insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

AndyCabs

Well Known Member
I was caught driving whilst disqualified & driving without insurance on 11th July 2012. This occurred outside my house whilst moving car. I wasnt arrested but answered a few questions by the police and my car was possessed. I was told a report would be sent to the Crown Prosecution and they would decide whether to proceed with a conviction.

Its now into the 8th week and I havent heard anything I didnt reclaim the car back. I am wondering what is going on, did the police not follow proper procedures and were unable to send a report to the Prosecution Services. Have the Prosecution Services decided not to prosecute - I just dont know and it is very frustrating, waiting each day to receive a letter, am checking the Court Lists also in case the notifications have went to the wrong address. Is it due to the summer recess of the Magistrates Court which starts its term in September.

Its just that I am coming up to the 2nd year of a 3 year ban and if the above were not to occur I would love to try and claim my license back after the 2 year period.

I was caught driving whilst disqualified & driving without insurance on 11th July 2012. This occurred outside my house whilst moving car. I wasnt arrested but answered a few questions by the police and my car was possessed. I was told a report would be sent to the Crown Prosecution and they would decide whether to proceed with a conviction.

Its now into the 8th week and I havent heard anything I didnt reclaim the car back. I am wondering what is going on, did the police not follow proper procedures and were unable to send a report to the Prosecution Services. Have the Prosecution Services decided not to prosecute - I just dont know and it is very frustrating, waiting each day to receive a letter, am checking the Court Lists also in case the notifications have went to the wrong address. Is it due to the summer recess of the Magistrates Court which starts its term in September.

Its just that I am coming up to the 2nd year of a 3 year ban and if the above were not to occur I would love to try and claim my license back after the 2 year period.

Have you heard anything yet? If not it may be an idea to contact the police to enquire. As a general rule cases involving summary only offences like driving whilst disqualified and driving with no insurance are subject to time limits which must be adhered too. In the case of these type of offences there is a 6 month time limit starting from the date of the offence whereby a person must either be charged with the offence or the information about the offence must be laid at court (sending the relevant papers to the court regarding the offence) in order to instigate proceedings.

Hi, thanks for replying.

No I still havnt received any notifications. I have been informed that July and August are quiet months for the Crown Prosecution / Magistrates Courts so maybe it will be later in September that I will get a date.

I am off work at the moment, recovering from operation, and every day I am waiting for the postman to deliver the dreaded letter and I am checking the court lists which works 7 days in advance as stated earlier in case the notification went to the wrong address. That occured with my first DD offence and a warrant had been issued for my arrest all because the notifications had went to the wrong address.

I am afraid to contact the police in case they realise their mistake and call out to arrest and charge me - could this happen after 8 weeks.

It is the waiting for the court date etc which is constantly playing on my mind and when I hear the delivery of letters my stomach is in knots.

Well, I finally got my papers from Public Prosecution Service - they are going to proceed with the the Driving Whilst Disqualified offence.

I am due at the Magistrates Court on 13th December.

Was so hoping they might have forgotten about me as its been 5 months since the incident but at least now I know / hope I will just get a further extension onto the ban. Will have to seek the advice of a Solicitor and wonder if they could plea to keep the ban without an extension but to just add penalty points and a fine.

Will keep you updated.

Driving whilst disqualified and driving with no Insurance.

Was in Court earlier today, received a £400 fine for driving with no insurance and 150 hours community service and a further years driving ban for driving whilst disqualified.

My Solicitor informed me the driving ban starts today, as I had assumed it would start after my 3 year ban finished in September 2013 so basically the ban has been extended by a 3 months.

Was told the Magistrate I appeared before is very harsh with driving offences, a guy before me got a £500 fine for driving with no insurance and 6 penalty points. Was annoyed as my Solicitor cancelled at the last minute and her colleague who stood in for her didnt have any papers or knowledge on the case. I was in court and the Magistrate kept mentioning a term of imprisionment, the case was adjourned so a Probation Officer could prepare a report to give the Magistrate some background knowledge on the case. I had a brief meeting with the Probation Officer who asked me a lot of questions on my personal and financial background, why I had driven that day, was I remourseful etc.....

I again appeared in front of the Magistrate and had to stand up in Court and got a severe 'dressing down' as this was my third offence (2 previous for drink driving). I was told if I did not attend the community service I may as well just unlock the cell door myself !!! I currently work 6 days a week so I really dont know how I am gonna complete the community service, have a meeting next week with a Probation Officer.

The whole experience was so unpleasant, especially with the threat of a prision term being mentioned but glad its over, it has been hanging over me for 5 months, waiting to appear in Court.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off