Insurance - How long is your ban after doing the rehab course

Convicted Driver Insurance

t-bone

If for example you are handed a 12 month ban by the courts but you do the rehab course and you get 25% knocked off the ban, when filling out insurance forms online, do you put down 9 months or 12?

If for example you are handed a 12 month ban by the courts but you do the rehab course and you get 25% knocked off the ban, when filling out insurance forms online, do you put down 9 months or 12?

Yes its usually the full 25% reduction. You will receive paperwork with the exact amount of reduction if you are offered the chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course and also a date by which you must complete the course to benefit from the reduction in disqualification.

If you received a 12 month ban which was reduced by 3 months (25%) upon completion of the course then the period of your disqualification would be 9 months as opposed to 12 if you did indeed complete the course.

Yes its usually the full 25% reduction. You will receive paperwork with the exact amount of reduction if you are offered the chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course and also a date by which you must complete the course to benefit from the reduction in disqualification.

If you received a 12 month ban which was reduced by 3 months (25%) upon completion of the course then the period of your disqualification would be 9 months as opposed to 12 if you did indeed complete the course.

Hi, thank you to the reply. I probably didn't word my question carefully. What I meant was when filling in the forms for insurance online and they ask for your ban length do you put down the ban length handed out by the courts or the new ban length? (I have completed the course).

Regards

T

Hi, thank you to the reply. I probably didn't word my question carefully. What I meant was when filling in the forms for insurance online and they ask for your ban length do you put down the ban length handed out by the courts or the new ban length? (I have completed the course).

Regards

T

The new ban length, this is also how it would appear on your driving licence under the column "Disqual. period". So if you received a 12 month ban and completed the course it would make your new disqualification period 9 months as opposed to 12.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off