HELP!! Insurance?

Convicted Driver Insurance

clairec

Hello everyone,
I thought I would ask for some help before I give up the will to live!! I'm about to be banned for drink driving on Thursday, something I obviously regret deeply. If the stress of that isn't bad enough I wanted to keep my two cars for the duration of my ban and have a friend use one of them, the other is in storage as a classic. I thought I had nothing more to do then call the insurance Company's and tell them of the change of circumstances but NO! it seems no one will insure a car in my name (it was different when everything was hunky dory!)
I then tried to ask a couple of different insurance Company's if I transferred the cars over to one of my parents as the registered keeper could I then insure my car with my friend as main driver? again a big NO, as they live at different addresses.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had sucess in trying to insure a car while banned? or could recommend some insurance companies.
Many Thanks C.

Hello everyone,
I thought I would ask for some help before I give up the will to live!! I'm about to be banned for drink driving on Thursday, something I obviously regret deeply. If the stress of that isn't bad enough I wanted to keep my two cars for the duration of my ban and have a friend use one of them, the other is in storage as a classic. I thought I had nothing more to do then call the insurance Company's and tell them of the change of circumstances but NO! it seems no one will insure a car in my name (it was different when everything was hunky dory!)
I then tried to ask a couple of different insurance Company's if I transferred the cars over to one of my parents as the registered keeper could I then insure my car with my friend as main driver? again a big NO, as they live at different addresses.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had sucess in trying to insure a car while banned? or could recommend some insurance companies.
Many Thanks C.

You can't hold insurance when you're banned because the main proviso of insurance is that you hold a valid current license - which you don't. If you've got time running on your insurances still, just call up and get a refund if you can because it'll be void and useless anyway, they won't even leave it run just to cover theft/damage.

You might find "laid up" cover somewhere, but without a license I know I gave up trying.

When you get back on the road, it depends on how you're insuring the classic, but I've just put mine up for sale having kept it through the duration of my 18mth ban and expected to use it again - none of the usual companies want to know, they all knock you back if you've any disqualification and trying to insure it as a regular car (it's a group 17 sports coupe) is coming back with quotes in the region of £2500 and more even on just 3000 miles a year when on a classic policy it had been £125 a year.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off