Confirmation: Insurance and Penalty Points

Convicted Driver Insurance

Celeborn

Hello,

Just clarifying some points so I can start planning ahead for when I can apply for my license again.

I got banned for 3 years in Scotland, 105 reading and no other events relating to the ban (no crashes).

For my Insurance quotes, in most cases I only have to declare my charge 5 years after the ban started? So when my ban ends, it is 2 years I have to declare and then afterwards I don't have to?

In regards to points, are there any added on once I get my licence back? I held my licence for 1 and a half years when the offence took place and was a clean licence.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Just clarifying some points so I can start planning ahead for when I can apply for my license again.

I got banned for 3 years in Scotland, 105 reading and no other events relating to the ban (no crashes).

For my Insurance quotes, in most cases I only have to declare my charge 5 years after the ban started? So when my ban ends, it is 2 years I have to declare and then afterwards I don't have to?

In regards to points, are there any added on once I get my licence back? I held my licence for 1 and a half years when the offence took place and was a clean licence.

Thanks in advance!

Insurance companies ask if you have any claims or convictions in the last 5 years. If it was more than 5 years ago since you were convicted of driving with excess alcohol then obviously you can answer 'no' to this question. If you do have any claims or convictions in the last 5 years, you must declare them and this will be reflected in the insurance premium.

A conviction and subsequent disqualification for driving with excess alcohol will be endorsed on your driving licence for 11 years, however, no penalty points will be imposed.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off