Excess of 0.08 and fail to remain.

Convicted Driver Insurance

original

I would like to ask everyone here what the consequences of my stupidity may be..
Any help is GREATLY appreciated at this difficult time.

I am currently residing in Ontario, and have permenent residency.

I have been convicted of Excess of 0.08 and fail to remain at the scene of an accident.

I understand that in an Ontario court of law, two convictions arising from the same incident, will be merged as one (if it is a first offence).
This is my case.

In my defence, it was a low speed crash, no one was injured or hurt, and before fleeing the scene (due to fear), I checked that the occupants of the other vehicle were ok. The 3rd party and I pulled into a local parking lot to check damages, but I did not get out of the car. I saw them exit their vehicle, and then fear got the better of me and I left. The incident occured very close to home, and I've heard this can be a mitigating factor.

I stand accused of a BAC reading of 0.200, which will likely lead to an increased ban.

Unless I am sentenced to a custodial sentence of 6 months of more, my Permenant residency is not affected (I don't think).

I am also disturbed to hear that it all depends on the judges mood on the day... but I'm trying not to worry about that for now.

Does anyone have ANY idea what kind of sentence I will be facing?

I am attending AA, and am looking into voluteer work in my community.
I plan to write a remorse letter to the 3rd party, reguardless of weather I am convicted or not, as they deserve at least that.

I have informed my insurance of all the details involved as I am a firm believer that honesty is the best policy.

If anyone is reading this that hasn't been caught yet, I really hope this puts you off the idea of mixing drinking and driving.

Ok thankyou for your time, much appreciated.
Any feedback would be great right now.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off