Does a ban show on a crb check?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dobsac

Good Morning, I was wondering if you could help me please. I have been offered a job and I have nearly completed my 4 week notice period and I'm about to start on Monday 06th July, they have just advised me they will have to do a standard CRB check (its a field sales role for a fire and security company).

In 1999 I was convicted of two drink driving offences (failing to provide at the roadside and failing at the police station) for which I received a ban (18 months) and a fine, when I renewed my driving licensee a few years ago both of these offences were cleared off, will these show on the check?

Also in 2007 I was arrested on my stag do (not that this makes it any more acceptable) and then released the next day without charge, will this show?

I'm now very worried because if they decide to terminate employment I'm left without a job with a family to support?

Any help would be gratefully received as I have been unable to sleep since they advised I have to have this check.

Best wishes,

A standard check will only show up unspent convictions. If your drink driving conviction was from 1999 then this will no longer be relevant and should not show up. Similarly, the fact that you were arrested should not be visible either as you were never charged with an offence.

A standard check will only show up unspent convictions. If your drink driving conviction was from 1999 then this will no longer be relevant and should not show up. Similarly, the fact that you were arrested should not be visible either as you were never charged with an offence.

That's excellent, thank you so much for a such a quick response, best wishes.

That's excellent, thank you so much for a such a quick response, best wishes.

I was of the understanding that both spent and unspent convictions stayed on the report and it was at the discretion of the Police weather to reveal this information or not?

The information revealed in a check depends upon the nature of the check carried out, i.e. enhanced or standard. Enhanced checks are only required in sensitive situation, e.g. a teacher as they will be working with children. If a standard test is being carried out then this will not show any spent convictions.

The information revealed in a check depends upon the nature of the check carried out, i.e. enhanced or standard. Enhanced checks are only required in sensitive situation, e.g. a teacher as they will be working with children. If a standard test is being carried out then this will not show any spent convictions.

Thank you, I really appreciate the information, best wishes, Michael.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off