Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Thread: Driving with 3.5 micrograms THC in blood

dopethrone is offline New Member

Default Driving with 3.5 micrograms THC in blood

Hello,

I just got charged with driving with 3.5micrograms per litre/blood THC and I think the limit is 2.. Was pulled over for no belt and then they smelled something. What would i get as it is my first offence ? But most important is that the lawyeri spoke to said that if I want to plead guilty it will cost me around 600 just for the service. Can I just defend myself and plead guilty , do i have to have a lawyer , because from what I read those cases are straight forward and there is no much a lawyer can do ? Please any advice will be appreciated. It will be hard with 12m ban enough ,so is there any point spending money for a lawyer too ?

I represent people accused of road traffic offences all over England and Wales

Default Re: Driving with 3.5 micrograms THC in blood

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    There are no sentencing guidelines for this offence meaning it is difficult to say what penalty you would face. We do know that a 12 month ban is the minimum that can be imposed but aside from that there is not much more we can be definitive about when advising on sentence. This type of offence can result in a ban of up to 3 years. You certainly can attend court in person and there is no requirement for you to have legal representation. A well presented plea in mitigation can be very important, particularly for an offence where the magistrates' are not guided by definitive guidelines. However, I appreciate that cost is a factor. There is certainly no harm in speaking with a solicitor in more detail about the detail of your case before making a decision about whether to instruct one to be with you at court or not.