DVLA Medical Query

Convicted Driver Insurance

nelly

Hi

About six weeks ago I paid for and attended a DVLA medical to have my licence renewed following a drink driving offence.

The surgery where I was sent have now been on the phone asking me to go back in and give a further blood sample because the lab failed to carry out one of the tests.

I've been on holiday for the last two weeks whilst waiting for my license and frankly I have been drinking more heavily than usual and I am concerened that some of the liver function results may now be affected.

Should I just go along with the request or should I be speaking directly to DVLA to get my license back?

Any advice?

You are not going to get your licence back until all the medical tests have been completed to the satisfaction of the DVLA.

Perhaps the best thing to do is postpone the medical for a few weeks and don't drink in the meantime. Other than that I wouold suggest you take independent expert advice from either a medical expert or forensic scientitst to ascertain what impact your two week binge could have on the tests. This is really a question for them rather than a lawyer.

Fair comment... I suppose I just feel frustrated that I have complied with the request for a medical examination and through no fault of my own the whole procedure is now delayed. I've been doing quite a bit of reading about liver function tests and it would appear that they are wholly inconclusive anyway... it all seems a bit of a farce if you ask me. :eek:

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off