Drink Driving Charge

Convicted Driver Insurance

cdixon123

Hi

I've been charged with drink driving I have 86micrograms/100ml reading. I have not been charged with any previous motoring offences/criminal offences before. I wanted to get help with preparing a plea of mitigation to try and reduce any disqualification that will be given to me.
I believe my mitigating factors to be:

- My mom has disabilities, I help take her to and from hospital appointments/emergencies when she is unable to and I also help with the shopping and doing things for my little brother and sister as I am her primary carer
- I have a fully clean license
- I am genuinely remorseful and have already made the decision to not drink drive again
- I am homeless (due to overcrowding in my moms house) and one of the only things I have at the moment is my car and my licence this helps me to do things I wouldn't otherwise have time to do and also opens up job opportunities to fit around college
- The ability to travel would be useful as I will be living close to my hometown to be able to still help my mom, but will be starting university in september outside of my hometown so will have to commute
- I was driving the car to a car park that I could leave it at until the afternoon after and going to a friends in the town I was in and was not planning to drive back to my hometown (i realise I should not have been driving in the first place)

Could anyone let me know if the above are mitigating factors and if there is anything I should draw specific attention to.
Thank you :)

It is important to address the court regarding mitigating factors relating to the offence and the offender (you). The list you have provided is all relevant and useful. You should approach the court by dealing with each in turn (offence first and then your background second). This will all help to focus the court's mind when considering the sentencing guidelines. Character references that even provide some brief comment to assist with making some of the points you make below can also be very useful. A reading of 86µg of alcohol per 100ml of breath will put you in the second sentencing bracket and mean that you will face a ban of between 17 and 22 months together with either a ban or community order. A well balanced argument focussing on that mitigation can assist with minimising that penalty. Legal representation would always be preferable but the above advice should assist.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off