Brought before the traffic commisioner

Convicted Driver Insurance

Daveb91

Hi there,
I have been brought before a traffic commissioner to discuss weather I am a fit person to be able to get my bus licence back after a 3 month ban from being in charge of a motor vehicle whilst over the legal limit,
I had this conviction on the 17th of October. I do have a previous back in 2015 where i was comvicted of drink driving. I had a 12 month ban which was reduced to 9 months after a course. My bus entitlement was automatically replaced along with my standard car one.

Could you please enlighten me on what I should say at this hearing as I feel that they won't re entitle me with the vocational licence.

Kind regards.
D.

In a hearing of this type it is important to make sure that the Traffic Commissioner is furnished with all of the facts and background to your previous convictions. The concern is likely to centre on the fact that the convictions are in a short space of time and are both alcohol related offences. Amongst other things, the Traffic Commissioner will want to investigate if there are or have been any underlying issues with alcohol and if so what has been done to rectify this issues. The primary concern of the Traffic Commissioner is to ensure public safety and the circumstances of the offences are likely to considered in detail. Should you wish to discuss this and the possibility of representation you can contact us on 0333 323 3673.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off