DR20???

Convicted Driver Insurance

RoughShift

Hi,
I lost my licence back in 2008. This was after a blood test at the police station found traces of drugs in my system. I had passed the roadside breath test and was never given another one back at the station only the bills test. I also know I had not drank that day not even in the days preceeding.In thenorihina, yet when I check my licence details online the ban reads “DR20- driving or attempting to drive while unfit through drink” any idea what’s going here?

Many thanks

If your blood analysis indicated the presence of drugs then it may be that you were convicted of driving whilst unfit through drugs. That is identified on your driving licence by a different endorsement code, namely DR80. It is likely, given what you say, that the DVLA have the wrong endorsement code down on your driving record. You can contact the court where you were convicted and ask them for confirmation of the offence for which you were convicted. You can then contact the DVLA to get this corrected with the assistance of the court. The practical implications for this error are unlikely to be any different, however it would be prudent to follow this up and check the position with the court.

Thank you for your response. It definitely was drugs I was convicted for so the DR code is surely wrong. This expires from my record in 18months so I’m not exactly too
Bothered and like you say the implications are the same.all this is was back in 08 originally

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off