Crashed my car at 3am, blood tested at 6am at hospital

Convicted Driver Insurance

Emmadugg

Hi I crashed my car Saturday morning at 3am I was unable to give breath due to my injuries so had my blood taken at 6am at the hospital for drink driving allegations. I had a few drinks earlier on in the night, the police didn't arrest, charge or bail me and I have no idea what's going on or what to do next. I am a social work student in my last year and I won't be able to go to my placment without a car I'm also worried uni may kick me off the course and my job prospects will be ruined in the future if I fail. I really don't know what to do next? I have not been told when I will get my results or what to do in the meantime if I should tell uni or wait and carry on as normal till they come back. It's a horrible situation I will never drink again.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is usually between 6 and 8 weeks before you receive an update from the police regarding the result of the blood analysis. Your blood should b sent to a police commissioned forensic laboratory to be analysed. It can sometimes take longer for a decision to be made and the police actually have 6 months from the date of the offence to lay a charge. Conversely, if your specimen comes back under, you may not be charged. Cases involving blood specimens, in particular those that take place at a hospital, can often involve a very complicated procedural process for the police officers dealing with them. I would highly recommend speaking to a solicitor to obtain more detail and advice, even at this stage. You can contact a solicitor on 03332009852

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off