Drunk Driving and refuse to stop my car

Convicted Driver Insurance

Remsf

Hello, I am french and I live in England for 1 year and I use to drive my french car. But one night, I was drunk and the police wanted to stop me. They followed me behind my car with flashing lights because I was driving too fast. I was very scared to lose my driving licence and I continue my way, I wished they stop to follow me. Finally, I stopped my car but 2 or 3 minutes later. They brought me to the police station and I have an appointment at the court in one week. I have judged for two facts: drunk driving and refuse to stop my car. My level of alcohol was 1.2 g/l.
My question is : what I can say about the second fact? say the truth, "I was scared to lose my driving licence" or lie and for example say: "I was very concentrated on my way. My music was lound and I didn't see or hear the police. The alcohol didn't help me about that. When I understood they followed me really I immediately stopped my car." I don't remember a lot of my night but I think when they followed me, I accelerated during 1 minutes or less.

I really need someone help me please, I would like some advice about that.

Many thanks

It is certainly not recommended to lie and mislead the court. That will put you in real difficulty and will leave you open to a separate offence of perverting the course of justice. That is a very serious matter that will put you at real risk of custody. I would recommend you speak in more detail with a solicitor about the circumstances of the offences and options open to you in terms of representation. It may be that you are at risk of custody in any event and a well presented plea in mitigation can be the difference between prison or not.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off