Caught drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

torreschester

Hi I have been caught drink driving giving a breath test of 71, spent the night on detention. i am bailed and due to appear on the magistrates court soon. I just want to know what would be the most likely punishment im facing i have been driving for 7 years clean license cooperated to the police in very respectful manner and planning to own up my mistake and plead guilty. What are the chances of me getting the least time driving ban? would i be able to do drink driving courses to reduce the ban. do i need to get a solicitor when i appear on the court. and would it be a ideal to be making a letter of sorry to the magistrates? another thing is would i need to do the practical and theory test of driving after my ban? many thanks

When banned for drink driving there is no requirement to resit your practical and theory test. A reading of 71µg of alcohol per100ml of breath is likely to lead to a disqualification of between 17 and 22 months together with either a fine or a community order. The court can consider a number of factors to assist them with making a decision regarding sentence. The offence and the circumstances of the offence are likely to be taken into consideration by the court when determining penalty as well as the wider implication of the ban and your background. Carefully prepared and well presented mitigation can help the court make a more informed decision about penalty and can potentially help the ban be reduced as far as possible.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off