What will show up on my next dbs check?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8437
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance

Deleted member 8437

This isn't as serious as other people posting in the forum but none the less I am worried.

I was tired, driving home late and the police stopped me as I was swerving in the road.
I was breathalysed with 29 so under the UK limit, they took my license, checked my insurance and said this was a warning.
I need a clean DBS for my job, will I have anything written down on it from now on, and will I have a police record?
Or will there be no record of this event happening?

Sorry it's not as serious, but I hope you can give me some info.

If the police have said it is a warning then that is an informal warning where they have used their discretion not to prosecute for any offence in the circumstances. Given that you had blown under the legal limit and no charge would arise form that situation it is likely that the police felt that the standard of your driving did not cross the threshold of careless driving and they considered a warning to be most appropriate in the circumstances. The officer would have had an opportunity to confirm that the matter would be referred to court or even issue you with an on the spot fixed penalty for careless driving. Given that a warning was given instead, that will be the end of it and this will not show up on any record.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off