drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Vicc

Hello, I was arrested after losing control of the vehicle. no one was involved in the accident. The amount of alcohol in my blood was 0.53.
could you please tell me what is the likely outcome at the court please. can you also give some advice what to do?
Thank you very much

I would recommend you contact a solicitor to discuss the case in detail.

The legal blood limit for drink driving is 80mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. For breath it is 35µg of alcohol per 100ml of breath. I assume that the reading you refer to is a reading taken from a breathalyser. The Lion Intoxilyzer 6000UK produces an output in 3 digits meaning that a reading in double figures (10 - 99) would always display with a zero before it (010 - 099). If the reading produced in your case was 053 on the Lion Intoxilyzer 6000UK then this means you have produced a reading of 53µg in breath. This puts you in the lowest sentencing bracket which will see the court look to ban you for a period of between 12 and 16 months. The fact that there has been an accident may mean the court see this as an aggravated offence meaning you could be sentenced at the higher end of the bracket. You should be given the chance of completing a drink driving rehabilitation course which will reduce your ban by up to 25% upon successful completion.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off