License renewal after relapse

Convicted Driver Insurance

martind

Hi

I was banned from driving for 2 years for being caught 3 times over the limit. In court I admitted I had a problem with drink.

My license was duly returned to me after undergoing a medical/blood test etc. The license was issued for 12 months only, to be renewed after such time.

I've recently had a alcohol relapse and went to see my GP so they would issue a sick note for work, which they duly did. I'm now fine and free of alcohol and have been for a few weeks.

I'm concerned that when I apply for my license to be renewed it will be refused on the grounds of my relapse.

Are these concern founded?

Regards

Medical practitioners, including GP's, are under an obligation to report alcohol dependency to the DVLA who may then decide to take action in relation to a patient's driving licence.

It's possible that your GP could have reported your relapse to the DVLA, in which case it's possible that the DVLA will refuse to renew your licence after 12 months and could insist on additional medical evidence to satisfy them that you do no have an alcohol dependency any longer.

The best person to speak to about these concerns would be your GP.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off