Drinking Offence minimum sentence

Convicted Driver Insurance

LadyT

Hi, am looking for advise on a charge yesterday for drink driving. I drank 2 glasses of prosecco at Christmas work do but didn’t have any lunch, a few hours later I drove home and I had another glass at 6pm. At 7pm, I got in my car to drive to see my boyfriend. On route I got pulled over by the police for a random check by the police and I blew 56 and they took me into the station to breath into the machine. I blew 46 twice and I got charged. I will like to know if there is any way I can get a lower sentence than the minimum of 12 months, 9months with a driving course?

Regards,

If convicted of drink driving then the minimum length of ban under English law is 12 months. the only exception to this would be if there is a "Special Reason" for not disqualifying or disqualifying for a shorter period. Special Reasons are defined as a mitigating or extenuating circumstance that is directly linked to the commission of the offence but which does not amount to a defence in law. Examples of special reasons are very short distance driven or a genuine medical emergency.

In the absence of a special reason the minimum length of ban is 12 months. If you are referred to the drink drive rehabilitation course and successfully complete it by the strict deadline then you can apply for the return of your licence up to 25% earlier (thereby reducing a 12 month ban to 9 months). If the course is not completed in time then the full ban must be served.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off