Police saw me vomiting, blew 64 & 68

Convicted Driver Insurance

Krisian

I got caught by the police while vomiting whilst inside the car. The car was at a full stop and if i can recall i even turned the hazard lights on. Police passed by me and saw me vomiting. Asked me to pull over and did a breath test. Took me to the police station and did a couple of breath test reading 64 and 68 respectively. Next morning they sent me out and gave me bail. I need to go to a different police station near me on the 21st of Dec. Why is this? What will happen next? Prior going to the cell. The seargent told me that I was very cooperative. Will these comments help me? Should i get a solicitor prior attending the21st of dec appointment? Please help

Last edited by a moderator:
The police tend to bail suspects to return to the police station at a later date when they want to conduct further enquiries or take advice from the Crown Prosecution Service about what offence, if any, they should charge.

In your case, you were not seen driving the vehicle. The police may have decided to bail you so that they can consider whether there is any evidence to charge you with driving with excess alcohol or whether you should be charged with being drunk in charge of a vehicle. They may wish to interview you under caution to ask you questions about whether you were driving. For this reason you should arrange to take a solicitor to the police station with you so that you have the benefit of legal advice before and during any interview.

We can arrange for a legal adviser to meet you at the police station and advise you free of charge under the legal aid scheme. Call our helpline on 0333 3233727 if you would like help with this.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off