Can't get a provisional

Convicted Driver Insurance

Nagno

Hi i recently reapplied for a provisional license after getting my drinking stopped by myself

I done the blood test and urine test by their designated DR and paid the fees

Now it seems my Dr's records are the ones stopping me getting a license, my Dr's records show that in March 2009 i was still dependant on Alcohol. so there fore cannot reapply for one full year (I am HRO)

My own Dr's sais that info given was only info that I had given them on the ammount of units I drank previously so there fore shows dependency which is what confuses me as I do not see myself as dependant. I received no help in giving up Alcohol from my GP or any other clinic I have totally stopped taking Alcohol yet my Dr says they will not give me a letter of recommendation until the end of March 2010..

I'm really confused to has why I should be recorded as dependant showing my success in clearing my previous Alcohol problem and the fact that I apply for a provisional license and not a full one whereby I would still have to pass many tests by authorised persons before being allowed on the road anyway.

My last conviction was on the 20.9.1999 for three years until 20.9.2002

I never owned my own vehicle and the offences also included TDA, basicly I would get pissed and nick a car sometimes and get caught hence my bans. I am not sure of the dates of my other bans though these were in my teens.

I'm almost 40 years old now my life as changed for the better I would like a license now to also help me get a job though my Dr's records I feel show misrepresentation of myself which I feel is wrong.

Should/Could I appeal? bearing in mind also I am on income support.

What can I do?

Yours confused

Peter.

Peter,

If the DVLA have refused to issue you with a licence then you would need to appeal against this decision to your local Magistrates' Court. Legal Aid is not available for this type of case and, in order to maximise your prospects of being successful, you would need to hire a motoring solicitor. Motoring solicitors charge for their services and are only instructed on a privately paying basis.

The saga continues.

in January this year was the last I heard from the DVLA when they asked permission to look at my Dr's records or write to my Dr.

My dr replied by E-mail to the DVLA on the 2nd of Feb. I spoke to my Dr whos said she confirmeed I was in her view fit to drive and is no longer dependant on alcohol.

I called the DVLA on the 16th of Feb to confirm this an asked what was happening with my application.

The answer was they have only just received my Dr's E-mail on the 14th of Feb.

12 days to open an E-mail

apparently due to a error at the DVLA. and was told my case had been prioritised.

now 9 months on I still await a provisional license..
An there's nothing I can do about it

Sais a lot for those changing their lives for the better.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off