Drink Driving and hitting a vehicle on the motorway

Convicted Driver Insurance

leehughesl65

Over the weekend, I made a stupid decision to drive home after consuming a few beers after meeting a few friends.

I felt mentally unstable due to going through a separation and wanted to return home. But when driving back, a car overtook and we was entering road works to one lane of traffic. This made me going into the back of the driver. I admitted to having a drink and blew a reading of 79.

I have my court appearance on the 21st December and don't know where to start. I got charged with the drink driving offence, nothing else was stated.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated of what to, how to reduce my sentence and get an insight of what to expect. From hitting the vehicle is this going to increase the severity of the sentence?

'Many thanks

Lee

The sentencing guidelines which can be found here, recommend a ban of 17-22 months and a band C fine.

The offence in your case is aggravated by the fact you were involved in an accident and this could increase the punishment.

The best way to reduce your punishment is to prepare for the hearing in advance and instruct a drink driving solicitor. If you would like to discuss your court hearing in more detail and get some help on instructing a solicitor then call one of my team on 0333 323 3725.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off