worried about being charged

Convicted Driver Insurance

Choonka

I was driving at 0200hrs , road was wet and hit into a pole , I was take to hospital and had blood test done ,alcohol level came back at 85 from the police and the one I sent privately was 84, will I definitely get a ban , I am due to attend the police station to give statement . Don't know what to do , how can this be sorted quickly , I need to drive because of work , I am really concerned .

The legal limit in blood is 80mg so even the lower of the two samples is above the legal limit. If you are charged and convicted then yes, you will definitely receive a ban because drink driving carries a mandatory ban for a minimum of 12 months in the absence of any special reasons. Loss of job, etc, is not a special reason.

The issue will be whether the police are able to prove the offence. When you attend the police station you will be interviewed under caution under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (a PACE interview). It is absolutely crucial that you arrange for a solicitor to attend with you. Under the legal aid scheme all suspects are entitled to free legal advice when being interviewed by the police under caution.

A solicitor will speak to the police before the interview, obtain disclosure of the evidence and then advise you in private before the interview even starts. A solicitor will advise you whether or not the police have enough evidence to prove the offence and whether or not you should answer questions in interview.

If you contact my team on 0333 323 3727 they will arrange for a solicitor to attend the police station with you, free of charge.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off