Incorrect history with GP

Convicted Driver Insurance

Canon111

Hi,

I hope you maybe able to help.

I experienced an isolated seizure for the first time in March. I told the doctors and consultants what I believed to be true at the time, that I had taken un-prescribed Xanax less than once a week a few times. I have since learned this to be untrue as I have since learned it was Zoplicone that I had taken.

Around one month after my seizure I was stopped by the police and refused to supply a breath sample meaning I am a high risk offender and I now have to fill in a DR1 and LEP1 form (for the seizure) and to take HRO medical.

My concern is that I have told both my GP and consultant that I had taken Xanax which will show on my medical records if requested despite me having never taken them. I'm unsure whether to correct this on the DR1 form they send or too simply carry on as if I had taken Xanax. I didn't know if contradicting my medical notes would cause more harm than good. Some posts online suggest Xanax carry's and automatic one year ban so I'm totally lost on what to do.

I've clearly made a lot of mistakes, due to a massive about of stress and I'm desperately trying to take the right steps to get my life back on track.

Thanks again for any advice you maybe able to offer.

Cannon111

I would advise you to go and see your doctor and explain the true position to him/her.

The DVLA issue guidelines which the medical profession refer to. There are guidelines covering the use of drugs and there are guidelines covering instances where drivers suffer seizures.

The DVLA will rely on these guidelines and can suspend your driving licence for a period of time even when you have not necessarily been convicted of an offence.

It's very important that you see your GP and correct any misinformation you may have previously given him. This way the information you provide to the DVLA will at least be consistent. In certain circumstances involving admissions to a medical profession about the consumption of drugs or the fact you may haver suffered a seizure (even when you haven't been driving at the time the drugs were taken or at the time of the seizure), the DVLA will automatically suspend your driving licence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off